Tuesday, August 12, 2008

South Ossetia

Today I spent the day preparing emails and documents to organize the Global Understanding Institute. Meanwhile across the globe in Tskhinvali, South Ossetia, war is being waged. There are reports of possibly 2,000 civilian deaths, and accusations of the Georgians using Multiple Rocket Launch Systems (MLRS). Now, the propaganda war is being waged, both in traditional media and on YouTube. When I speak of propaganda, I mean not only the issues of distortions or lies inserted into factual material. I include the tone and viewpoint reports take.

My compassion and my sympathies lie with all the victims. Yet I wish to know: who were the leaders that strove to create this conflict in the first place? What did they expect would be the result of their actions and orders, if not this very result?

I need to spend some time to find who the Walrus and the Carpenter are in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment